Friday, September 5, 2008

What I did last week

Since I still can't sleep after my insomniac post, I thought I might as well just write about what I did the week Sandeep was here which is last week of August. Thanks mate for the encouragement... so I might as well give a weekly report until the day I leave Perth which I really really hope is very soon.

Trying out Hog's Breath Cafe has been one of our aim. Coincidentally when our Crack was around and we had nowhere to go for dinner, we decided to try HBC. Appearently the signature dish is the slow cooked rib steak. When they say slow cook they mean 18 hours of cooking. All of us tried Mega cut of the portion which is worth it. This is one of the most thick portion of steak I ever tried. I had the special blackened sauce rib steak with vege and baked potato on the side. Coincidentally the cut that they gave me was shaped like the Australia continent!

That week as well, we went to Yummy BBQ for dim sum and Happy Meal for chinese. At Happy Meal we ordered tons of chinese food unfortunately there's no photographic evidence. There we ordered so much that the waitress was shocked. Most of the staffs there actually made a bet whether we'll finish the food or not. As usual, our appetite never let us down.

Towards the end of that week, most of us 'volunteered' to join the City to Surf run. Because we 'volunteered', we participated in the shortest run which is the 4km. In the end it turned out to be fun event for health freaks and some horny guys trying to 'cuci mata'. Big crowds of 30,000 participants liven up the event. I manage to run, tumbled and continue running to finish the race. At the end there was a medal presented to all those who finish the run.

This is the crowd for 4km run/walk. The bulk of the other runners had started earlier for the 12km and the half marathon.

A walking sunflower

Bored after run, we tied the balloons to make an impressive string of baloons which eventually we let loose

2 comments:

crazyEllysee said...

Dear Rollt;
Im a Malaysian. I am now living in Brunei. (I'm still proud to be a Malaysian though).
I'm agreed with some of your points there. At least in our country, we are free to talk and voice out our ideas. We may be serve with some "fair" treats where it wont happen for us to have such "fair" treats by other muslim countries.
I'm "a bit" proud of our media (eventhough most of the time the media have been controlled by Pak Lah's ppl for some political issue/matters' news)where **at least not all the crimes or news happened in our country been retricted to publish in the news front (just only some political news been control/monitor by the authority, i guess..like what T.D mahathir said in his writing.)

In some countries, their media have been warned for not publishing any "shame" news of the country no matter what the topics/title about. Some muslim countries are very protective where they are..i think i can say..over-secure or protect the NICE name of the royal family. People/public are not allow to discuss or talk about the news happened in the royal family/country leader.

LOL, I cant expect everyone to have the same view like what I have on...But i hope there are some fair treats as well as respect among different races and religions.

I couldnt understand most of the muslim countries' gov't ask non-muslim to wear tudung/baju kurung/what "proper" clothings as they mentioned in both formal/unformal occasions. Because their own people (muslim) dont even "menutup aurat" and most of them even more "social" than non-muslim.

**I dont have the intend to raise up any unwanted problem. I just want to speak out my own view. I hope MORE FAIR treats will be given by the authority and I really wish them can realized what actually happened to their own people instead of keep bugging/pointing out the issues about "non-muslim doesnt respect muslim people/islam".

Thank You

Anonymous said...

the steak looks really yummy (its dinner time now here too).
meleleh air lior...