Monday, December 31, 2007

Cycle cycle cycle



Still excited with my new toy, I'm exploring surroundings of Jandakot for the moment. But I'm pretty impressed with the facilities for bikes. You'll see signboards indicating how far it is from the destination of interest and there's dedicated bike / pedestrian path which is made of asphalt concrete (or more commonly known as bitumen in Commonwealth countries). There's plenty of signs saying where bicycle lane ends or starts. So you just need to look out cause its definitely idiot proof.

Cycled to South Lake and saw few birds with the crooked beak like the statue in the picture above. I'm still trying to figure out what's the name of the bird. Can't take pictures using my camera phone cause they just look like white dots with green grass background. Anybody with bird watching interest have any idea the name of the species?

In the end I found a website with the picture of the bird and its called Australian Ibis!! Hurray!!

No comments: