Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Pagent 07

When I asked people to join me for the Christmas Pagent in the city.. everybody stared at me and their eyes seem to ask me is there a Beauty Contest during Christmas? Its actually a Christmas Parade. Sort of like the Chap Goh Meh parade that I use to go in Sarikei on the last day of Chinese New Year. Its just as loud and colourful except that this time its Ang Moh version...
Few of us went in two cars and we parked at different place. Then we try gather at a meeting point. Unfortunately, we ended up being on the opposite side of the road and unable to cross the road because the parade was passing through.



It was a sight and sound to behold. Unfortunately my camera is unable to perform as I wish it would. Therefore, I am wishing for a Digital SLR camera this Christmas... so I can take clearer pictures at night and during the day.... anyways, some of the photos which I can discern are mostly posted here. What is funny is that Falun Gong actually participated in the parade with their own Chinese costumes and their own band!! Pretty impressive how hard they try to spread their wings....
When the parade had passed us, everybody from both side of the roads converged and joined the parade as it moves along the streets of the city. It was quite fun. We walked for a while before packing some supper of kebabs, meat pies and fries from nearby shops and went to see the Perth skyline at night. And with the nice early summer weather and couple of underaged gals asking for smoke from us, Kings Park's view of the city really made our night even more worthwhile...

No comments: