Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Room Entertainment System

To keep myself entertained in my room, we acquired a TV, a DVD, Yamaha 5.1 Sound system and X-box with some original games. Its not that I'm extreme by buying so much, but its just that it all comes as a whole package. The seniors are graduating and therefore they're selling it all off. They got it from some other seniors as a package and therefore passing it down as such. Well, part of my aim of spending my limited income on them is because I would like to save more money!

How's that possible? By having an entertainment in room, hopefully I'd be less tempted to go out and spend money.. hehe.. but so far, I've yet to see the investment doing its job.

And to get around in Perth? Couple of us shared a car as well, namely Kai, Mark, Devan and myself bought a Nissan Pintara. 4D anyone? 8DC-328 is the plate number. Looks decent and price is within our budget. The seller was a friendly guy as well. Car is a necessity, just like in Kuching and Sarikei (although cycling and bike in Sarikei can get you lots of places as well), and that's why there's a certain homey feel here.

With wheels, everywhere is within reach. With wings, we can go even more places!!

Most of the expenditure when I go out is on food. One of the example of the favorite eatery is Nandos. Here, Nandos Peri Peri Chicken is very popular. Unlike its counterpart in KL, the chicken here taste a kazillion (if that's even a measurement for quantity) times better that the dry and tasteless chicken in Key El. Another culprit is the Fish and Chips from Freo. I've tried every shop F&C shops there and the last row was Joe's. Not the best compared to Kaili's and Cicerello's.

Guess I better start budgeting for other things that I would like to buy and do here with limited resources (and by that I mean $$$):

1. Go whale watching boat trip
2. Go Swan Valley for Winery visit (would need a driver as I'm planning to indulge on the fermented grapes)
3. Buy a nice leather Bush hat for summer
4. Buy some Kangaroo parts for souvenier
5. Scout for some nice leather jacket (saw some but sadly out of size)
6. Boomerang (was thinking of that but where the heck to use that in Singapore?)
7. Buy a house here? Ok, lets leave this KIV for the next 30 years..

2 comments:

阿虎 said...

I need ur X-Box

Unknown said...

Ahu, our X-box at hillview is for sell. Mau?