Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Past...

Bird's eye view of Sarikei and majestic Batang Rajang

I realize I haven't been focusing on my past. Then I read the blog of an old friend (she's not that old.. its just a figure of speech). Then I realize how much I have missed in the past. How many friends I did not keep in touch with.. or try to keep updated with.

It is them who influence us to become who we are today. I guess the way she wrote the blog reminded me that how fragile a life can be and we should take every opportunity to grasp it, to keep it near to our heart. To live like no tomorrow... I know its very hard to believe this coming from a person like me. If you're hanging around me, you'd know that I'm wasting my time away by sleeping most of the waking moment of my life... hehe....

Home is where the heart is

But the urge is there to know what's happening in other people's life (not to kepo but to keep in touch). To know how they doing and to wish the best in their undertaking. Facebook is a good place to do it, but I think we are clouded by the various applications that they introduce... I say no to the applications but yes to the connectivity!
So, if you know me from you previous life or current one, YES, I would like to know how you're doing! I know Gideon actually posted a comment and I am indeed happy to hear from him! I'll probably try to dig into my past and see if there's anything I can write. I would say that the Sarikei blog is doing a very decent job, reminding me of where my origin is from. I'll revisit it even if not physically...

Good ol' Sarikei town centre

No comments: