Sunday, March 30, 2008

And they live happily ever after....

5 days ago I went back to Sarikei to attend my sisters wedding on the 26th March 2oo8. Initially I thought that I'd have time to spend with her before she's 'sold' off to Tie family (pronounciation different from a type of clothing accessory). Speaking from experience, I know that the last few days leading to the biggest event of one's life is probably the busiest and thereafter any breaks are rare and far in between. Therefore, I hardly have time to talk to her during this trip. The fact that I reach home very last minute does not help as well. In fact, I reached home 7 hours before the whole wedding day rush starts for her.

I took lotsa photos during the day but not using my camera... I took photos using my cousin's camera and I still haven't got hold of it (shall be updated). Before the trip, I was planning to get my own SLR but didn't manage to at that point of time due to time constrain. It was a pretty short and tiring trip but I was happy to be able to see a lot of my relatives I haven't kept in touch with for very long time.

I think it might be a while before I'll see her again. That's the sad part. But I guess the joy is knowing that she's happy. I wish her all the best in her new life.. and I feel really happy for her! Now... anybody has any idea the most economical way to call States using call cards?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i do not know about other choices, but calling US from skype is pretty cheap. further u have broadband there at jandakut , rite?

Anonymous said...

oh ya, forgot just now to inform the rate of calling USA is R$ 0,051 per minute (or SG$0.0417104 per minute).
jim

Rollt said...

That's the problem. Internet here sucks. So most people just use calling cards because quality is better.