Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Tribute To Philip Lee

There is a guy whom I called dad. He's not my blood-parent. I am related to him because I married his daughter. But I respected him like (and maybe even more) than my real dad.

Well, I find that he's a real role model for me. Lots of good friends around him, talks slowly but clearly what he wants (a trait that my real dad and myself lack in), hangs around with his family and not rushing around doing things that are puny and useless, thinks before he talks and thinks before he acts, knows his stuffs and he makes sures things are organized well (especially household things) and so many good traits I can't even put into words. Its just the little things that certain people does that makes you comfortable and have confident in him.

But that certain people is no more with us, especially with his family. He had lived a good and meaningful life. Everybody around him accepted the fact that everything must come to an end. Everybody came to terms that he had done all he could in life and he did it well. And I totally agree with them.

What I don't understand is why all the good people in this world have to pass from this world early? I didn't shed a tear as I think there's nothing to regret in his life. But during the funeral mass, when they sang the song Amazing Grace, tears swelled in my eyes... then I regreted that the family would never enjoy his company anymore. His future grandchildren wouldn't have the privilage to know such a good man.

As such, I could only pray that his soul would find eternal rest and peace. I could only pray that there'll be more people in this world who'd be as kind, considerate, loving and caring as him. I could only emulate him and try to be a better person like him. And most of all, I could keep his memory always in my mind and hope that he'd watch over all of us from Heaven.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel sad for the lost!!! Plz send my condolences to siok yen and family!!! I just knew it when I rang to my mother few days ago ...