Sunday, September 12, 2021

Emma my new love

 Found my old love in Emma. Its weird that I needed another girl to make my heart skip a bit every time I see her smile, when she wriggle her tootsies,  when she skips and jumps around. She was the embodiment of youth. My old love make me sweaty and breathless, makes me move my hips with vigour. So much to give, and so much to take in. I spend endless hours with this old love, even my wife eyes me with suspicion.

Too saucy and adulterous sounding? I'm talking about Emma my girl and my old love the game of tennis. Just few hours ago, Emma Raducanu my girl's namesake; won the Women US Open champion 2021. She is just two months shy of her 19th birthday, coincidentally also 2 days later than my Emma's birthday. My Emma is still very young though, but I do hope she can achieve greater things in future (even though everything she does now is great things for us). 

I realise from this episode that my Emma is always near, and I must see her in new light. She always makes us laugh, and at the same time makes us fume. All the same she's very dear to us and we love her a lot. Unfortunately her temperament needs more work, hopefully by the time she's 18, she will be the champion I wish she is. She toilet trained herself early, she is sociable and daring; helps her older sister who is too timid to ask for things from strangers. The other day she just pulled out her first bab
y tooth (in exchange for $10 which I promised her), all small things but nevertheless will shape her championship in the future.


But for now, my old love of tennis will remain with me. For as much as I want to one day play a proper game with my Emma, for now I will have to be contented with watching the namesake Emma on TV and internet, imagining her hitting my balls. Tennis balls!

No comments: